The concrete mix that you need will depend on what you will be using it for...

Where you have used the services of an architect or structural engineer they will supply the concrete specification. For most DIY projects like shed or conservatory bases and concrete driveways, you require a PAV or GEN mix.

If you don’t know what type of mix you need then our team will be happy to advise.

concrete mix types

Here are the most common concrete mixes and their uses:

Mix Type Use


Kerb bedding, septic tank back fill


Footings/foundations and groundwork


Footings, house foundations, drives, domestic and external parking, footpaths


Heavy duty mix ideal for retaining walls, slab foundations, yards, stock bay floors


Pre cast/pre stressed, support walls, high impact areas such as crusher walls and stock bay walls/floors

"When choosing a concrete mix we would always recommend you seek professional advice from either an Architect or Structural Engineer. "

Derbyshire Concrete Ltd

Request a Quote

If you'd like a quote please either give us a call on 01629 823949 or fill out our simple quote form on our homepage.

Request a Quote